I discovered a fantastic restaurant in my town named So Fresh. They offer simple, tasty combinations of fresh vegetables and protein prepared fast. They offer salads, bowls (served warm), wraps, and build-your-own. I spent some time reviewing their menu and ketofied their offerings. This post is intended to inspire you to make a visit, inspire your requests at restaurant near you, or inspire you to create at home.
For each of their offerings, you have the option choose to add chicken, tofu, zoodles, eggs, steak, shrimp, flax encrusted ahi or salmon. Keep in mind that add-in options are in addition to the selections described below. I modified/crossed out components that do not fit my personal keto lifestyle. So Fresh is a perfect option for eating out he keto and would be easy to replicate at home.
- Romaine and baby spinach with goat cheese, avocado, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, raisins, sunflower seeds and homemade balsamic vinaigrette.
- Baby spinach with Gorgonzola, crumbled bacon, green apples, raisins, walnuts, and homemade balsamic vinaigrette.
- Fresh cut romaine with Parmesan, croutons, egg, and Caesar dressing.
- Fresh cut romaine and baby spinach with feta, tomatoes, red onion, green peppers, chickpea salad and homemade garlic-herb vinaigrette.
Bowls (served warm)
- Brown rice, quinoa, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, bacon, avocado and two poached eggs.
- Sautéed corn, black beans, onions and white cheddar mixed with brown rice and served with BBQ sauce.
- A mix of red quinoa and brown rice with tomatoes, broccoli, walnuts and avocado served with our homemade balsamic vinaigrette.
- Sautéed carrots, kale slaw, brown rice and quinoa mixed with almonds, raisins, goat cheese and homemade kale-basil pesto.
- Stir Fry
- Sautéed bell peppers, broccoli, mushrooms, carrots and onions served with brown rice and sweet chili.
- Sautéed broccoli, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions and zoodles mixed with homemade tomato sauce and Parmesan cheese.
Wraps (request the contents of any wrap served as salad or bowl toppings)
- Boca Fiesta
- Sautéed mushrooms, jalapenos, onions, corn, tomatoes with goat cheese, spinach, and sweet chili sauce; wrapped in a flour tortilla (spicy).
- Pesto Club
- Bacon, white cheddar, romaine, tomato, and homemade kale-basil pesto wrapped in a flour tortilla
- Avocado, white cheddar, romaine, tomato and homemade citrus honey mustard wrapped in a flour tortilla.
- Veggie (Vegetarian)
- Sautéed sweet potatoes, chickpeas, quinoa, mixed with kale slaw, spinach, and homemade tzatziki.
- Brown rice, spinach, red onions, chickpeas, cucumbers, tomatoes, feta and homemade tzatziki sauce.
More to come…..