I have dabbled off and on with drinking different types of teas. Over the past 9 months, I have experimented with options for a caffeine free, warm beverage to drink in the evening. I have discovered that peppermint tea is quite tasty morning or evening!
I read a blurb recently that stated peppermint tea can help curb your appetite. I suspect drinking 8 to 12 ounces of anything would have this affect. The internet is full of information on the benefits of consuming peppermint tea. Perhaps the only thing it may be lacking is doing my income taxes (smile). Luckily, I am in it for the taste alone. I am specifically interested in finding caffeine-free options that appealed to my taste buds.
I subscribe to the go big or go home school of brewing tea as often the recommendations include being able to use a tea bag more than once. I lean toward liking tea more potent, so I use a 24 ounce tumbler and 2 bags of tea. If I am using loose tea, I may steep twice in the French press. If you are thinking that 24 ounces of tea is obscene amount to drink hot, whatever is left that has not been consumed hot becomes iced tea.
I honestly prefer coffee over tea, but I am practicing transitioning myself to black coffee. I have learned that adding a little salt either to the coffee grounds before brewing or to any brewed coffee makes the black coffee pretty darn tasty. If I feel fancy, cinnamon is added too. The salt trick also works with Yerba Mate tea.
As I composed my beverage line up list below, I see that I actually have quite a number of options!
○ Good ole coffee (not super picky; brewed, French press or Nescafe Clasico if I have to use instant)
○ Harney & Sons Hot Cinnamon (caffeinated black tea)
○ Wisdom Natural’s Yerba Mate plain, unsweetened, instant tea
○ Stash Peppermint Herbal Tea
○ Davidson’s Tea Bulk Rosehips (Vitamin C)
○ Bigelow I Love Lemon Herbal Tea
○ Good Earth Sweet & Spicy Herbal Tea
○ Dandy Blend, Instant Herbal Beverage With Dandelion (buying the Single Serving Pouches for portability).
More to come…..