Back in April, I pre-ordered a 2nd generation Oura Ring. My deviced finally arrived in the middle of November and I have been wearing it daily ever since. It is helping me gauge factors related to sleep quality and the information being provided is incredibly fascinating.
Atypically, I did not do a super deep dive before purchasing, I pulled the trigger because:
- I highly respect Dr. Peter Attia who has as made reference to his Oura ring peripherally on a number of his podcasts
- The device is water proof
- I wanted to learn more about what I can do to improve my sleep quality
- I wanted something to help inspire me to move my body
- I took advantage of the limited time 100 dollar pre-order discount
What I like about it:
- In addition to displaying your data, you can easily read about what the values mean within the app where the data is displayed
- Variables I have never heard of are assessed:
- Night-time ECG-level resting heart rate (RHR), Interbeat interval (IBI) and heart rate variability (HRV)
- Sleep stages (Deep, REM, light), sleep timing, duration and quality
- Respiratory rate, breathing variance
- Thermometer-level body temperature deviation
- Hourly reminders to move around if you have been inactive
- The Oura Cloud dashboard allows you to drill deeper or export your data
- The battery lasts around 7 days. I often recharge on my drive into work.
For more information check out:
More to come…..